On February 23, 2018 in the capital, the official award ceremony of this year’s winners in the eighth edition of the competition for good practices was held, namely the “Annual National Awards for Safety and Health at Work” for 2017.
This year, too, the competition was organized by the Center for Safety and Health at Work, and hosted by the cosy conference centre Trakia.
For the eighth consecutive year, Bulgarian companies had the opportunity to share their good practices in ensuring healthy and safe working conditions, for which they will receive well-deserved recognition.
Representatives of foreign organizations in the field of safe and healthy working conditions, state institutions, employers and trade unions, as well as enterprises and OSH specialists from the country showed their special support and respect.
Traditionally, the official part of the program was opened by Eng. Stefan Bashev – Manager of the Center “OSH Center”, who congratulated the participants for supporting the cause of protecting the lives and health of workers, and immediately after his address to the audience and Eng. Rumyana Mihailova – Executive Director of the Executive Agency “General Labor Inspectorate”, Sofia.
The program continued with announcing and awarding the winners in each category.
According to the rules of the form, the first category includes enterprises depending on the code of their economic activity, according to the industries to which they belong, and they are divided into three groups – Group 1, Group 2, Group 3.
An important clarification is that this year, due to non-compliance with the requirements and at the discretion of the commission, a smaller number of candidates were admitted to the award.
Group 1 – large enterprises – with over 250 employees
First place – Elektrorazpredelenie YUG AD
Second place – GP Group AD
Third place – Euro Alliance Tunnels AD
Group 1 – medium enterprises – with from 50 to 250 employees
First place – Devnya Cement AD
Second place – Vulcan Cement AD
Third place – “Euro Alliance Contraction” AD
Group 1 – small enterprises – with up to 50 employees
First place – “Euro Alliance Engineering” AD
Second place – Adelmax Ltd.
Third place – “Getzbuild” Ltd.
Group 2 – large enterprises – with over 250 employees
First place – Milara International Ltd.
Second place – Nestle Bulgaria AD
Group 2 – medium enterprises – with from 50 to 250 employees
First place – “Ideal Fashion” Ltd.
Second place – “Rosa Impex” Ltd.
Group 2 – small enterprises – with up to 50 employees
First place – “Tornado Trip” Ltd.
Second place – Metimpex EOOD
Group 3 – large enterprises – with over 250 employees
First place – “MEDICAL UNIVERSITY – PLOVDIV”
Second place – University Hospital “Alexandrovska” EAD
Third place – University Hospital “Dr Georgi Stranski”, Pleven
Group 3 – medium enterprises – with from 50 to 250 employees
First place – “Hemingway Bulgaria” Ltd.
Group 3 – small enterprises – with up to 50 employees
First place – SG Group EOOD
Second place – “Intersed” Ltd.
The company that invested the most in improving health and safety
First place – SKF “Bernings Bulgaria” EAD
Second place – “MEDICAL UNIVERSITY – PLOVDIV”
Honorary prize for overall work in the field of health and safety at work – Olya Georgieva, Sofia
Official guests of the ceremony for awarding the best Bulgarian practices were:
– Galab Donev – Secretary for Social Policy and Health at the Presidency
– Zornitsa Rusinova – Deputy Minister of Labor and Social Policy
– Rumyana Mihailova – Executive Director of the General Labor Inspectorate
– Dina Hristova – PR expert of IA GIT
– Alexander Borisov – IA GIT
– Atanas Chernaev – Director of OI “Labor Inspection” – Plovdiv
– Maria Vasileva – MLSP
– Nevena Kaimakamova – Head of BTCD Department at IT – Plovdiv
– Sokol Silyanov – Head of “Accident at Work and Occupational Disease”, NSSI
– Darina Konova – the national focal point of the “European Agency for OSH”
– Alexander Zagorov – Confederate Secretary of Podkrepa Labor Confederation
– Kiril Binev – expert at Podkrepa Labor Confederation
– Evgeni Yanev – National Secretary of CITUB
– Ognyan Atanasov – expert in the department “OSH and Ecology” of CITUB
– Jasmina Sariivanova – industrial relations expert of BIA
Representatives of foreign organizations and institutions:
– Blagoja Bogoevski – Chairman of the Board of the Association “April 28”, Macedonia
This year, through a special draw provided by the organizers, three of the attending guests left with a voucher for a free spa weekend package for two at the newly opened King Maron Hotel in Greece, and another seven with special prizes provided by MSA Safety.